Location: East side of the road leading through the Hurricane and about one half mile from the Hurricane Baptist Church.
Date: About 1850.
Owners: Alvin D. Parsons bought the place about 1870 from Crockett Powers. It is still in the hands of the Parsons heirs.
Description: Two room, two story
room upstairs and one down. Wooden shutters for
windows, puncheon floor
and one entrance door. The second story was reached
by a ladder from the
History: Alvin D. Parsons, along
brothers Robert and David emigrated from Allegheny
Co., NC. Robert settled
in the Big Stone Gap settlement; Alvin in the
Hurricane section of Wise
and David went on into Kentucky where he settled.
Alvin had intended to
go on into Blue Grass Kentucky before he made a
Source of Information: Genette K. Kelley, Rufus Parsons and Court Records.
All files on this site are copyrighted by their creator. They may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission from Vickie Sturgill Stevens . Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are.