Nathan Hamilton Land
Location: About 2 miles northeast of the mining town of Hawthorne in the hills on the north side of Guest River.
Date: About 1850.
land was sold to Schuyler Hamilton
and sons at the sale of the State mortgaged land,
November 21, 1853. This
tract was partitioned to his son Nathan. They
perhaps had some claim to
the land before the
house here was perhaps built
by Joshua Henderson Bruce as he was the first that
the records point to
as living here. The house was a one room log mud
daubed with a lean-to
kitchen. Board covered. The house faced north and
had a stone chimney at
the west end, the rocks of which yet remain. The
house has been torn down
for several years.
Source of Information: R. P. Bruce, J. E. Lipps, J. B. Hamilton, C. A. Johnson, S. E. Banks and Court Records. November 10, 1937.
All files on this site are copyrighted by their creator. They may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission from Vickie Sturgill Stevens . Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are.