Location: On the west side of Route 23 leading from Norton to Appalachia and opposite the Blackwood Coal Camp.
Date: See History
Owners: David Stidham. Stidham heirs sold to Blackwood Coal and Coke Company.
Description: Story and a half, hewn log house, with a stone chimney at the north end. Chinked and daubed with mud. One story porch across front. Now has a composition roof and matched floors. Original had board roof and puncheon floors. Addition of one room built to the rear.
History: Nothing definite can be established
about the date this house was built, but David Stidham was living here
in 1817, when he and William Wells and Beals Davis asked that the line
of Scott County be relocated so
Source of Information: J. H. Kilgore, J. T. Adams, Wise and Scott County Court Records.
All files on this site are copyrighted by their creator. They may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission from Vickie Sturgill Stevens . Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are.