Location: At mouth of Mud Lick Fork of Callahan
Date: About 1820.
Owners: Ely Boggs; Elihu Boggs; Boggs heirs; Virginia Coal & Iron Company.
Description: Two-story log building, facing
the road and east. Hewn logs, but not weatherboarded or ceiled. Two-landing
stairway from hallway to four rooms above, with left turn. Windows with
shutters only. No glass.
History: The exact date that Ely Boggs settled
here is not known, but it is believed that he came into this section about
1820. It is known that he was "building a new barn in the year 1844" which
indicates that he had
Source of Information: William Boggs. Collected notes from family traditions.
All files on this site are copyrighted by their creator. They may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission from Vickie Sturgill Stevens . Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are.