Location: Five miles northwest of Wise; two
miles northwest of US 23.
Date: About 1840.
Description: In log building about 14 x 16; stones of native grit, handmade; power furnished by waters of Rocky Fork, from a log dam, daubed with moss and clay across the stream, and a board runway or "race" to a turbine wheel made from a solid piece of poplar log.
History: Sometime about 1840 three Addington
brothers, John, Joseph and Charles, came from Scott County and settled
on Rocky Fork of Guest River. John settled on a hill, five miles from the
Wise County Courthouse overlooking Guest River. Joseph settled two miles
up Rocky Fork and Charles a half mile north up a small branch.
Source of Information: Mrs. Elizabeth Stapleton,
All files on this site are copyrighted by their creator. They may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission from Vickie Sturgill Stevens . Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are.