Location: 300 yards east of US 23 and Pound Post Office on Clintwood Road.
Date: About 1816.
Owners: James Mullins from 1816 to 1837; William Roberson from 1837 to about 1860; James Mullins from about 1860 to about 1900; Augustus Roberson from about 1900 to 1934; Augustus Roberson heirs since 1934.
Description: Present building is four stories high. First story contains water wheel and machinery. Second story corn mill; third story flour mill; fourth story store room.
History: From the Russell County
find that James Mullins and Greenberry Robinson
bought several thousand
acres of land on Pound, Indian Creek and Bold Camp
creeks in 1815. Two
Source of Information: James Monroe Roberson's letters, J. E. Lipps, William Bolling and D. B. Hollyfield.
All files on this site are copyrighted by their creator. They may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission from Vickie Sturgill Stevens . Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are.